Thursday, April 08, 2021

The Best Of Mindi Abair

I took time over this past year to revisit the songs of my 21-year recording career.  I've always wanted to put together a collection of my hits along with some live favorites ... and I've included 8 tracks and edits that I promise you don't own yet. The Best of Mindi Abair is a 19-song collection of my biggest hits, previously unreleased gems I know you'll love, a few of my personal favorites, and my brand-new song “April.” It features a 16-page booklet of personal liner notes telling the story of my musical journey, and photos spanning my career from my own archive. Hits like “Lucy’s,” “Bloom” and “Come As You Are” appear as radio edits, available here for the first time, so you can listen as you originally fell in love with them on the radio. “Make It Happen,” written and recorded with my friend and legendary soul icon Booker T. Jones, has never been released until now. Other collaborations include “I’ll Be Your Home” featuring Keb’ Mo’, “Just Say When” penned and recorded with Gregg Allman, and my woman-powered blues anthem “Pretty Good For A Girl” featuring Joe Bonamassa. Always a fan favorite, “Be Beautiful” checks into the compilation, as does a previously unissued take on the John Lennon classic, “Imagine.” It's been viewed 3.4 million times on YouTube.  It was time we put it on a CD! “I Love To Play The Saxophone” and “Good Day For The Blues” hail from my albums as Mindi Abair and The Boneshakers, and my brand-new song, “April,” recorded as the world was shutting down in 2020 rounds out the collection. It brings my path full circle as it’s an instrumental reminiscent of my classic hits. I wrote it with Matthew Hager, who also co-wrote "Lucy's," "Bloom," "True Blue" and more... and it provides the perfect jumping off point for my next chapter to begin. I hope you love this 19-song collection featuring songs from 11 different albums, 28 photos from throughout my career, and me telling my own story in my own words. ~ Mindi Abair


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...