Thursday, December 04, 2008

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MOTOWN

NOW That's What I Call Motown is the latest release from the hugely successful NOW That's What I Call Music! series, which has collectively scanned over 70 million units in the U.S. over the last decade. The album will be released on CD and digitally on January 13. This new release features 25 of the most beloved, timeless classics, R&B and soul tracks from some of the greatest music artists of all-time, with its release marking the legendary label's 50th anniversary since Berry Gordy established the original "Hitsville U.S.A." at 2648 West Brand Boulevard in his hometown of Detroit.

The tracks include Barrett Strong "Money (That's What I Want)" (co-written by Gordy), The Miracles "Shop Around" (the label's very first R&B #1 in 1961), The Marvelettes "Please Mr. Postman" (its first Pop #1), Mary Wells "My Guy," The Temptations "My Girl" and "I Can't Get Next to You," The Supremes "Stop in the Name of Love" and "You Keep Me Hangin' On," Marvin Gaye "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" and "Let's Get It On," Smokey Robinson & The Miracles "The Tears Of A Clown," The Jackson 5 "I Want You Back," Stevie Wonder "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours," Edwin Starr "War," The Commodores "Brickhouse," Diana Ross "Upside Down" and Rick James "Super Freak," among others.

NOW That's What I Call Motown follows the release of the 10-CD deluxe Motown: The Complete No. 1's box set on Motown/UMe, on December 9. The NOW series has been called the "most successful brand in music" and has sold millions of copies all over the world. Every recent NOW release has debuted in one of the top slots on the Billboard Top 200 album chart. In addition, NOW's collective releases sell more than any other music property each year. Since its debut in 1998, the NOW That's What I Call Music! series has sold over 70 million CDs in the U.S. alone and every one of the 28 previous releases has been certified at least platinum, with NOW 5 reaching quadruple platinum and the 2001's initial NOW That's What I Call Christmas! compilation going quintuple platinum.

The Best Of NOW That's What I Call Music! 10th ANNIVERSARY edition was released simultaneously with NOW That's What I Call Music! Volume 29 on November 11. NOW That's What I Call Motown is the first edition of the NOW series to celebrate the repertoire of a single label. The NOW That's What I Call Music! series is a compilation joint venture from EMI Music North America, Sony Music Entertainment, and Universal Music Group.

NOW That's What I Call Motown - Track Listing
1. Money (That's What I Want) - Barrett Strong
2. Please Mr. Postman - The Marvelettes
3. Shop Around - The Miracles
4. Do You Love Me - The Contours
5. Dancing In The Street - Martha & The Vandellas
6. My Guy - Mary Wells
7. My Girl - The Temptations
8. Stop! In The Name Of Love - The Supremes
9. Shotgun - Jr. Walker & The All Stars
10. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) - Four Tops
11. You Keep Me Hangin' On - The Supremes
12. Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
13. I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Marvin Gaye
14. I Can't Get Next To You - The Temptations
15. I Want You Back - The Jackson 5
16. Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours - Stevie Wonder
17. War - Edwin Starr
18. The Tears Of A Clown - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
19. What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
20. Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye) - Gladys Knight & The Pips 21. Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye
22. Love Machine (Part 1) - The Miracles
23. Brickhouse - The Commodores
24. Upside Down - Diana Ross
25. Super Freak - Rick James

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...