Thursday, June 24, 2010

NEW SANTANA ALL-ROCK CLASSICS COVERS ALBUM DUE

Carlos Santana’s next album release, Santana's first since All That I Am in 2005 is due out in September and is not yet titled. The track list is being finalized as well, but during sessions Santana reunited with "Smooth" partner Rob Thomas on Cream's "Sunshine of Your Love" and worked with Joe Cocker on Jimi Hendrix's "Little Wing," Scott Weiland on the Rolling Stones' "Can't You Hear Me Knocking," Chris Daughtry on Def Leppard's "Photograph," Soundgarden's Chris Cornell on Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love," Papa Roach`s Jacoby Shaddix on Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water" and Nas, who lays down rhymes on AC/DC's "Back in Black." Santana chose half of the songs while Davis picked the other half. While he considers ever song "incredible," Santana says his very favorite is the Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," which he recorded with India.Arie and cellist Yo Yo Ma. He recalls that, "I sent the song to George Harrison's widow, Olivia, and I got back an email that says, 'Carlos, I listened to the song and I started crying and jumping with joy at the same time. And I want you to know that George really loved you, because he understood your passion for compassion.' And I was like, 'Bam!' that's like George Harrison himself, through his beautiful wife, validating my existence and what I did with that song." Santana plans to preview some of the covers during his upcoming summer tour with Steve Winwood, which gets under way June 30 in Saint Paul, Minn. He also plans to have Winwood "join my band" for collaborations he hopes are "totally different" than what fans might expect. After the summer tour with Winwood, Santana is returning to Las Vegas in August for his second residency at the Hard Rock Hotel. Santana is touring Europe in Sept. and Oct., including a stop at London's O2 Arena. In addition, Santana also has another album ready to go as well, an all-instrumental set called Shape Shifter that he recorded with his band and he plans to release after the next album has run its course.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...