Friday, April 15, 2016

Bob Baldwin & Friends Benefit Concert in Support of Victor Bailey

 A message from Bob Bob Baldwin: As you know, I have been a staunch supporter of causes, using music as the ultimatevehicle.... 2010 - Jazz for Haiti (over 60k raised with the Red Cross of NNJ); 2013 - Jazz for Dave Valentin. WIth that said, Bassist phenom Victor Bailey has been dealing with a rare muscle disease.
See below in his own words. 

World Renown Bassist, Artist, Producer, who is dealing with Charcott Marie Tooth disease.  Funds are to assist Victor's exorbitant medical costs associated with this incurable disease.  

From Victor....  To everyone who has been wondering why you haven't seen or heard from me, it's time for me to let you know what's going on. Quite simply, I am just not in the best of health. I have been dealing with a form of muscular dystrophy called Charcot Marie Tooth disease for the last 25 years. You've all seen me using a cane as my legs are getting weaker. Now it is affecting my upper body. My arms and hands are very weak and at this point in time too weak to perform. I need help with all daily living activities, so for the past three months I have been living at an assisted living facility in Newton, Massachusetts. I have taken a leave of absence from teaching at Berklee College of music and from touring. Right now, I could use your prayers and positive vibes. I will be keeping you guys updated on my condition. It is possible that I can get stronger again, so please send me positive energy. I'll keep you posted.

Victor's credits as a bassist include Wayne Shorter, George Howard (RIP), Lenny White, Walter Beasley, Joe Zawinul (RIP), Force MD's, Najee, Carmen Lundy, Santana, Marion Meadows, Will Downing, Nelson Rangell, Billy Cobham, and that's the short list!

COME SUPPORT THE CAUSE FOR VICTOR BAILEY...DETAILS BELOW.
IF YOU CAN'T MAKE, PLEASE BUY A BALCONY SEAT IN HIS HONOR.
  
Mt. Vernon native Bob Baldwin comes to the Paramount for a rare local performance. Pianist/Composer has 22 solo releases, the most of any Westchester native ever. His latest release "The Brazilian-American Soundtrack" was recorded on 3 continents. He brings to the stage his Latin/Brazilian influences, this time bringing a World vibe, featuring Chieli Minucci (Guitar), and Latin Jazz Nominee Chembo Corniel.

Also coming to the party to add the Brazilian vibration is Edson Da Silva, who has worked with Jobim, Djavan, Eliane Elias and the legendary Ivan Lins. Come enjoy the music of Bob Baldwin at the Paramount.

Some proceeds will benefit Bassist Victor Bailey, who has played with the likes of Weather Report, Alex Bugnon, Sting and others. Mr. Bailey has been suffering with a severe muscle/tissue disorder, which has prevented him from working. Funds will help assist him.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...