Friday, August 29, 2014

Barry White’s 70th Birthday Commemorated with New Boxed Collection, ‘Barry White: 5 Classic Albums,’ to Be Released September 30

September 12 marks what would have been the 70th birthday of the late soul / R&B legend Barry White. To commemorate the anniversary and to salute White’s enduring influence on contemporary music, Mercury/UMe will release a new 5-CD boxed collection of five of his most essential 1970s albums on September 30. Barry White: 5 Classic Albums features four of the GRAMMY® winner’s No. 1 Billboard R&B albums: ‘I've Got So Much To Give’ (1973), ‘Stone Gon'’ (1973), ‘Can't Get Enough’ (1974, also No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart), and ‘Just Another Way To Say I Love You’ (1975), and his Top 10 R&B album, ‘Let The Music Play’ (1976).

Barry White: 5 Classic Albums is brimming with many of White’s timeless hits, including his first No. 1 R&B single, 1973’s “I’m Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby,” the R&B and Hot 100 chart-topping “Can’t Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe,” the R&B and Disco chart-topping “You’re The First, The Last, My Everything,” and the R&B No. 1 “What Am I Gonna Do With You.” Several of White’s Top 5 R&B hits are also featured, including “Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up,” “I’ve Got So Much To Give,” “I’ll Do For You Anything You Want Me To,” as well as the single version, instrumental B-side version, alternate version, M+M Throwback Mix, and Funkstar’s Club Deluxe Mix of “Let The Music Play.”

Celebrated around the world for his sultry, silken baritone, Barry White achieved iconic success during his more than 40-year recording career, with global album sales topping 100 million copies. In the U.S., White’s RIAA-certified sales achievements include 41 Platinum albums, 106 Gold albums, 10 Platinum singles, and 20 Gold singles.

Barry White’s legacy continues to resonate through his music. At this year’s BMI R&B/Hip-Hop Awards on August 22, he was posthumously honored with a Most Performed Song Award for "TKO" by Justin Timberlake, which includes a sample of White’s song, "Somebody's Gonna Off the Man" (co-written by Jerome Harmon). White’s music is also heard in several blockbuster films, including 2013’s Despicable Me 2 and 2012’s Dark Shadows. In 2013, White was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. This year, the GRAMMY Museum in Los Angeles saluted White with a custom exhibit; the museum will unveil another display in his honor in September.

Barry White: 5 Classic Albums
Disc 1: I've Got So Much To Give (1973)
1. Standing In The Shadows of Love
2. Bring Back My Yesterday
3. I've Found Someone
4. I've Got So Much To Give
5. I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
6. Just A Little More Baby (Instrumental)
7. I've Got So Much To Give (Instrumental)

Disc 2: Stone Gon' (1973)
1. Girl It's True, Yes I'll Always Love You
2. Honey Please, Can't Ya See
3. You're My Baby
4. Hard To Believe That I Found You
5. Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up

Disc 3: Can't Get Enough (1974)
1. Mellow Mood, Pt. 1
2. You're The First, The Last, My Everything
3. I Can't Believe You Love Me
4. Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
5. Oh Love, Well We Finally Made It
6. I Love You More Than Anything (In This World Girl)
7. Mellow Mood, Pt. 2

Disc 4: Just Another Way To Say I Love You (1975)
1. Heavenly, That's What You Are To Me
2. I'll Do For You Anything You Want Me To
3. All Because Of You
4. Love Serenade
5. What Am I Gonna Do With You
6. Let Me Live My Life Lovin' You Babe
7. Love Serenade, Pt. 2

Disc 5: Let The Music Play (1976)
1. Don't Know Where Love Has Gone
2. If You Know, Won't You Tell Me
3. I'm So Blue And You Are Too
4. Baby, We Better Try To Get It Together
5. You See The Trouble With Me
6. Let The Music Play
7. Let The Music Play [Single Version]
8. Let The Music Play [Instrumental B-Side Version]
9. Let The Music Play [M+M Throwback Mix]
10. Let The Music Play [Funkstar's Club Deluxe Mix]
11. Let The Music Play [Alternate Version]

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...