Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Music Legend Sam Moore Celebrates Birthday With Benefit Event

Sam Moore comes home to Miami to celebrate his 80th birthday with some adoring superstar friends for benefit event “Salute the Soul Man” on Saturday, November 21 at 8:00pm at the Fillmore Jackie Gleason Theatre. Moore will be performing alongside Sting, Jon Bon Jovi, Michael McDonald, Randy Jackson, Don Henley and many others to raise money and awareness for the not-for-profit corporation Soul, Arts & Music Foundation, Inc. (The SAM).

The contributions of music legend Sam Moore are unmistakable; with his stand-out lead vocals in the GRAMMY winning soul duo “Sam & Dave,” and his critically acclaimed solo career that has lasted over 30 years, Sam has had a successful 60-year career in music. He has received many accolades and has been inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, The Georgia Music Hall of Fame, The Memphis Music Museum Hall of Fame, the Florida Music Hall of Fame, and The Grammy Hall of Fame. He was presented with a British MOBO Lifetime Achievement Award and is one of a few artists who has performed for The Queen of England and all five of the living American Presidents of the United States of America more than once. Sam has collaborated with such icons over his illustrious career including Eric Clapton, Aretha Franklin, Billy Gibbons, Vince Gill, Jon Bon Jovi, Wynonna Judd, Reba, Pink Floyd, Billy Preston, Kid Rock, Bruce Springsteen, Sting, Justin Timberlake, Travis Tritt, Conway Twitty and Jackie Wilson, among many others.

"I never thought I'd be able to come home to Miami and be celebrated, but it's happening,” said Moore. “Most people think I was from Memphis but I grew up in Overtown. I got my break at The King of Hearts in Liberty City when Steve Alaimo insisted he wanted to record my partner-at-the-time Dave Prater and myself. That break is what started it all. Now I'm back and I'm so excited I can't stand myself. I'm so blessed with friends and my God-given talent, my good health and my wife who wouldn't ever let me quit.”

Close to his heart is the Soul, Arts & Music Foundation (The SAM), a not-for-profit organization founded with Sam’s vision of engaging, educating and inspiring the new generations to participate in the performing arts. Alongside this mission, the organization celebrates, recovers and secures rights for legacy American recording artists to payments and copyright protections, as well as preserving the histories and legacies of Sam’s peers through education curriculum, community engagement, and historic and memorial sites.
The SAM has recently formed a partnership with Florida International University (FIU), providing learning opportunities for students and communities, particularly at-risk and disadvantaged youth. This program will help students learn about some of the most impressive, important and influential genres and styles of American contemporary music and the artists whose souls are embodied within them.

“I get to work with FIU to build the curriculums and leave not only my legacy but those of so many of my dearly missed departed peers to teach and inspire future generations while I continue to assert my voice as loud as I can and get my peers the rights and payments they've deserved all these long, long years. I can't think of anything better I could do before I’m called to my final home," said Moore.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...