Monday, September 03, 2007

RARE & UNRELEASED TRACKS FROM ARETHA FRANKLIN


A selection of previously unreleased material from Aretha Franklin from the vaults at Atlantic are being assembled for an upcoming collection from Rhino Records. The double-disc "Rare and Unreleased Recordings from the Golden Reign of the Queen of Soul" will be released Oct. 16, featuring B-sides, demos and outtakes from Franklin's 13-year history with the label. Previously unreleased tracks include "You Keep Me Hanging On," "Trying To Overcome," and "My Way," a rare cover of the Beatles' "Fool on the Hill" and demo versions of "I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You)," "Dr. Feelgood (Love Is a Serious Business)" and "Sweet Bitter Love."

Additionally, a second disc will contain a duet with Ray Charles on "Ain't but the One," an alternate version of "Rock Steady" and outtakes from the "Young, Gifted and Black" and "Hey Now Hey (The Other Side of the Sky)" sessions. Aretha Franklin’s upcoming concert dates include the Montreux Jazz Festival -- Atlanta on Sept 1, and Sept. 18 at the Dream concert at New York's Radio City Music Hall

Here is the track list for ""Rare and Unreleased Recordings from the Golden Reign of the Queen of Soul":


Disc 1:

"I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You)"
"Dr. Feelgood (Love Is a Serious Business)"
"Sweet Bitter Love"
"It Was You"
"The Letter"
"So Soon"
"Mr. Big"
"Talk to Me, Talk to Me"
"The Fool on the Hill"
"Pledging My Love/The Clock"
"You're Taking Another Man's Place"
"You Keep Me Hangin' On"
"I'm Trying to Overcome"
"My Way"
"My Cup Runneth Over"
"You're All I Need To Get By" (first outtake)
"You're All I Need To Get By" (second outtake)
"Lean on Me"

Disc 2:

"Rock Steady"
"I Need a Strong Man"
"Heavenly Father"
"Sweetest Smile and the Funkiest Style"
"This Is"
"Tree of Life"
"Do You Know"
"Can You Love Again"
"I Want Tto Be with You"
"Suzanne"
"That's the Way I Feel About Cha"
"Ain't But the One"
"The Happy Blues"
"At Last"
"Love Letters"
"I'm in Love"
"Are You Leaving Me"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...