‘Sound The Alarm’ is a celebration of the past, present and future of R&B with flares of hip-hop bravado on the title track with Mayer Hawthorne and “Gently” with Anthony Hamilton, plus an explosive performance from Vintage Trouble’s Ty Taylor on “Your Love Is No Love.” Booker’s B3 is front and center, especially on instrumentals “Feel Good,” “Austin City Blues” with Gary Clark, Jr. and “Fun,” a joyous, pulsing jam. “Watch You Sleeping” features Bill Withers’ daughter Kori on a vocal duet with Booker, and an instrumental with his son Ted on guitar on “Father Son Blues” closes the album.
Booker T wrote or co-wrote all twelve songs on ‘Sound The Alarm.’ He co-produced the album with brothers Bobby Ross and Issiah “IZ” Avila, who have worked with Usher and Mary J. Blige. The Avila brothers also play in the rhythm section on most of the tracks.
Booker T has won 4 GRAMMY Awards including a Lifetime Achievement Award and is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. As a producer, he has helmed sessions for million sellers including Bill Withers’ debut album ‘Just As I Am,’ and Willie Nelson’s ‘Stardust.’ He’s written and/or played on some of the most enduring songs of all time including “Green Onions,” “Sittin’ On The Dock Of The Bay” and “Born Under A Bad Sign.”
‘Sound The Alarm’ tracklist:
1. Sound The Alarm – featuring Mayer Hawthorne
2. All Over The Place – featuring Luke James
4. Broken Heart – featuring Jay James
5. Feel Good
6. Gently – featuring Anthony Hamilton
7. Austin City Blues – featuring Gary Clark, Jr.
8. Can't Wait - featuring Estelle
9. 66 Impala - featuring Poncho Sanchez and Sheila E.
10. Watch You Sleeping - featuring Kori Withers
11. Your Love Is No Love - featuring Vintage Trouble
12. Father Son Blues - featuring Ted Jones