Friday, April 20, 2018

NEW RELEASES: JEFFREY OSBORNE – WORTH IT ALL; THIEVERY CORPORATION - TREASURES FROM THE TEMPLE; BRUBECK BROTHERS QUARTET - TIMELINE

JEFFREY OSBORNE – WORTH IT ALL

"I wanted to go back to my roots and do an old school R&B album...what I call a 'Grown Folks' record. I approached it like things from the past that influenced me then wrote my versions. For example, 'Let a Brotha Know' sounds like a song I would have done with my old band L.T.D. while 'Saving My Love' has an Island ballad vibe like things Lionel Richie used to write. I produced the whole album and wrote all of the songs except for one that I co-wrote with my son, Jeffrey Osborne Jr., titled 'Work it.' I wrote the melody and the words while he came up with the track and raps on it. I'm using the guys from my road band along with a few friends like Gerald Albright and Rick Braun. I believe there's still an audience for real music and songs about lasting love. It's important to me to to maintain integrity with our music." - Jeffrey Osborne


THIEVERY CORPORATION - TREASURES FROM THE TEMPLE

Thievery Corporation go back to the vaults – and come up with a host of unusual material from the Temple Of I & I sessions! The music here is a great extension of the sound of that record – and includes unused tracks, remixes, and dubplates – all with the same collaborative vibe of the original, thanks to appearances from Mr Lif, Sitali, Raquel Jones, Notch, Natalia Clavier, and others! As you'd guess from the title of the original album, there's a fair bit of influence from reggae and dub running through the music – and titles include "Music To Make You Stagger", "San San Rock", "Voyage Libre", "Waiting Too Long", "La Force De Melodie", "Joy Ride", "Guidance", "Destroy The Wicked", "Letter To The Editor (TC rmx)", "Water Under The Bridge", and "Road Block (TC rmx)".  ~ Dusty Groove


BRUBECK BROTHERS  QUARTET - TIMELINE

Chris Brubeck and Dan Brubeck are extensions of a remarkable jazz legacy. Although they toured and recorded with their father extensively, the immensely popular and influential jazz innovator Dave Brubeck, Chris and Dan have forged their own musical identities. Bass player and trombonist Chris and drummer Dan have previously released four albums with their band Brubeck Brothers Quartet. Along with their musical compatriots, Mike DiMicco on guitar and Chuck Lamb on piano, they are releasing their newest CD, Timeline, celebrating the 60th anniversary of Dave Brubeck’s seminal State Department Tour as an official jazz ambassador for the United States. Chris and Dan honed their chops working in Dave’s band for many years, but they also struck out on their own, with each touring and recording in different groups and styles through the years. The brothers’ fresh take on their father’s classic tunes as well as their own original compositions reflect the diversity of their experiences and their instinct to incorporate new ideas in their music. On Timeline the Brubeck Brothers Quartet explore odd time signatures while integrating the blues, contemporary jazz, and world music. The band is not afraid to take chances and pushes the envelope to create a rewarding and inventive musical journey.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...