Wednesday, May 10, 2017

AVERY SUNSHINE RELEASES TWENTY SIX FOUR

Some people have a calling that is undeniable. Avery*Sunshine is that force of nature. Yet the former church pianist/musical director, who scored a #1 Billboard chart hit, was at once a reluctant warrior. "I had no idea that my work in the church would prepare me to do what I do." Bringing people together through her riveting stage performances, candid and often humorous stage banter and optimistic anthems about love and life is what Avery*Sunshine does best. In fact she does it so well, that she has garnered praise from iconic musical figures like The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, who raves, "I love Avery*Sunshine!"The Atlanta based singer's no holds barred signature soul/R&B sound has also made believers of such luminaries as Patti LaBelle, Berry Gordy and Boy George who proclaimed on twitter "@averysunshine love this woman's voice."

Twenty Sixty Four (released April 21st via Shanachie Entertainment), is Avery*Sunshine's sophomore CD for Shanachie, features organic soulful in-the- pocket grooves, sublime ballads, exquisite arrangements/orchestrations and exuberant life affirming tracks.  The vocals shine throughout, the production is tight and the songwriting hits home. Twenty Sixty Four marks the first time that Avery*Sunshine has had numerous collaborations on an album and expanded the instrumentation. "This is something that I have always wanted to do," she states. "I really wanted to have live strings on the record so we got to do that this time. We collaborated with Grammy award winning pianist and arranger, Ruslan Sirota. We also have a couple of writing collaborations with Eric Roberson, Carvin Haggins and Jamie Portee." Twenty Sixty Four also features a few guest appearances, including Mr. Talkbox (Bruno Mars, NSYNC, Erica Campbell), Frank McComb (Prince, Branford Marsalis, Lalah Hathaway) and recent Grammy winning trumpeter Keyon Harrold (Maxwell, Jay-Z, BeyoncĂ©, Common, Gregory Porter). "These are some big milestones that I am really excited about," shares Avery*Sunshine. Twenty Sixty Four further asserts the consummate artist as one of the best things to happen in R&B in the past decade.

With the release of Twenty Sixty Four, Avery*Sunshine concludes, "I am always striving to fill the space that I was created to fill. Everybody has their own fingerprint and we are all here for a reason. I believe the reason that I am here is to share the music that God has given me."


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...