Tuesday, September 17, 2013

DEANA MARTIN - DESTINATION MOON, INCLUDES DUET WITH DEAN MARTIN

Destination Moon is more than an album. It’s a musical rocket ride featuring 14 seminal performances by Deana Martin. On this, her fourth album, Deana has collected 10 classics and four new songs, each interpreted with her trademark elegance and charm.

Deana chose each of these songs for their personal meaning. As the daughter of entertainment legend Dean Martin, Deana enjoyed an unparalleled view of pop music’s landscape – experiences that shaped her skills as a performer. She learned from the best. Among them Frank Sinatra, Peggy Lee, Dinah Washington, Nat King Cole, Bobby Darin, and other legends.

Speaking of legends, Deana shares the spotlight with her father Dean Martin on Cole Porter’s "True Love." For Deana, recording "True Love" was both an emotionally charged and richly fulfilling experience. "When I was in the studio recording this beautiful duet, I had with me my dad’s original chart, hand-written by Nelson Riddle. When my dad’s voice came into my headphones, I could feel his presence in the studio. Words can not express what I felt.
Each track on Destination Moon is a glimpse into Deana Martin’s unique window to the Great American Songbook.

Deana’s 2006 debut CD release, Memories Are Made of This, stayed in the Top 10 for 40 consecutive weeks. In 2009, another hit CD, Volare, was released; it debuted on the Billboard charts at #7 and the Jazz chart at #22. White Christmas, released in 2011, was another chart buster. Destination Moon includes four new songs that were written for Deana: "Read Between The Lines," "Where Did You Learn To Love Like That," "Paradise" and "Stuck In A Dream With Me."

Tracks are as follows:
 1. I Love Being Here With You
2. Beyond the Sea
3. Gee Baby Ain’t I Good To You
4. Frim Fram Sauce
5. Break It To Me Gently
6. About A Quarter To Nine
7. Where Did You learn To Love Like That
8. Paradise
9. G.I. Jive
10. Stuck In A Dream With Me
11. Destination Moon
12. Read Between The Lines
13. Nothing But the Best
14. True Love (duet with Dean Martin)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...