• 21-track compilation curated by DJ Euan Fryer
• Deluxe double vinyl pressing with thick, glossy sleeve
• Dancefloor soul, rare boogie and soulful disco
• Loud-cut heavyweight vinyl pressing
• LP includes bonus 7-inch re-issue track: $8000 rated hyper-rarity; Fluorescent Smogg!
• Exclusive edits from Ashley Beedle and Tom Noble
Soul Spectrum Records is a sub-label of Jazzman Records and is curated by Euan Fryer. They specialize in releasing hard to find soulful dancefloor re-issues on 7-inch vinyl, and now they are releasing their first compilation - Soul Spectrum Records Volume One. This compilation includes some rarities, including the ultra rar $8000 7" from Fluorescent Smogg, as well as a couple of fresh edits of old tunes, and a new cut from Kings Go Forth to complete the package.
DJ Fryer has been researching this album of dancefloor soul from the late '70s and early '80s for the last four years, and is now finally able to present a double LP's worth of rare, obscure and GOOD dancefloor soul, rare boogie and soulful disco. To top it off, Ashley Beedle and Tom Noble offered up their remixing skills on a couple of tracks that just needed the extra tweak that linear editing prevented back in the day.
"The endless quest to discover lost interesting music from the past is something of a calling to many. Record collectors and DJs will go without food and spend all their wages to own a single piece of vinyl. Many will travel around the world to towns and cities you would never choose to visit. Happy spending nights in cheap hotels and days in musty old shops looking for that one lucky find, and it does happen, eventually, to all that make the effort. I make no claim to the discovery of any of these records contained here, but I nod my hat to those that did and will again in the future.
I have let good as well as rare music be the narrative on this LP. There are some records here that are relatively affordable and I encourage you to go out and find them on original 45s, and play them. Records should be heard, not archived - keep the wonderful culture of playing 45s and 12s alive." - DJ Fryer, December 2012
01. Heem the Music Monsters – Wake Up
02. Barbara St.Claire – Teacherman
03. Billy Byrd – Lost in the Crowd
04. Willie Wright – Right On for the Darkness
05. Tobert – I've Got It
06. Barbara King – What I Did in the Street
07. Ellipsis – People
08. George Smallwood – Rollercoaster
09. Freak – Life Goes On
10. Gold – What About the Child (Mix for Sami)
11. Barbara Lynn – Mellow Feeling
12. Big Apple Band – Party & Get On Down
13. Phillip Wright – Keep Her Happy (Ashley Beedle Heavy Disco Edit)
14. Nate Calhoun – Funktown
15. Little Beaver – Listen to My Heartbeat
16. Target – Give Me One More Chance
17. LaRom Baker – You're the Best (Tom Noble Disco Edit)
18. Raw Soul Express – The Way We Live
19. Zebra – Simple Song
20. Fluorescent Smogg – All My Life
21. Kings Go Forth – You're the One