Monday, October 15, 2012

NEW RELEASES - JIM BRICKMAN, JOHN MCLAUGHLIN, JACKIEM JOYNER

JIM BRICKMAN - MORE GREATEST HITS

SLG Records will release a collection of pop hits by the chart-topping, platinum-selling pianist/producer and composer Jim Brickman . " Jim Brickman: More Greatest Hits" is a compilation of his best compositions and songs including his collaborations with Lady Antebellum ("Never Alone"), Richie McDonald ("Coming Home For Christmas") and the last known recording of Gerald Levert (" My Angel "). Also featured on the album are Sara Evans , Tom Douglas , Marc Antoine and Jake Simpson . " Jim Brickman: More Greatest Hits" will be released by SLG Records on November 6. Jim Brickman 's remarkable career includes six Gold and Platinum selling albums, consistent debuts at #1 on Billboard Magazine's New Age Chart, a Grammy nomination in 2003 and 2010 for Best New Age Album and the distinction of being the most charted male Adult Contemporary artist to date. His many awards include a SESAC "Songwriter of the Year" award, a Canadian Country Music Award and a Dove Award. Tracks include "Never Alone" (w/ Lady Antebellum); "Escape" (w/ Marc Antoine); "Coming Home For Christmas" (w/ Richie McDonald); and "My Angel" (w/ Gerald Levert).

 
JOHN MCLCUGHLIN - NOW HERE THIS   It has been nearly two years since world-renowned guitarist John McLaughlin released To the One, his highly acclaimed, first studio recording, with The 4th Dimension. The veteran guitar aficionado celebrates his 70th birthday year in 2012 with the release of Now Here This (Abstract Logix), as he ups the ante even further with greater fire, finesse and freewheeling interplay. McLaughlin's musical influences carry over to many of the musical elite, with Jeff Beck declaring him in 2010 to be ''the best guitarist alive.'' In 2003, McLaughlin was ranked 49th in Rolling Stone magazine list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time and in the summer of 2007, McLaughlin performed at Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival in Bridgeview, Illinois. Chick Corea remarked to DownBeat Magazine that ''...what John McLaughlin did with the electric guitar set the world on its ear. No one ever heard an electric guitar played like that before, and it certainly inspired me. John's band, more than my experience with Miles, led me to want to turn the volume up and write music that was more dramatic and made your hair stand on end.'' McLaughlin's latest creative venture with The 4th Dimension reflects a slight, yet significant, alteration of the dynamic, specifically the recruitment of powerhouse Indian drummer Ranjit Barot. Cameroon-born/Paris-resident bassist Etienne M'Bappe is back from To the One, as is keyboardist/drummer Gary Husband. This eight track set of McLaughlin originals, recorded at Studio 26 in Antibes, France, testifies to the guitarist's decades-long fascination with Indian music, through his effortless virtuosity, and relentless lyricism, even when the guitarist is shredding at near-light speed. As John himself simply states, ''Now Here This is the culmination of my life's work till now.'' - amazon.com
JACKIEM JOYNER - CHURCH BOY

"Church Boy stems from my time as a young and eager boy who wanted to play a part in the music ministry. I can remember very well a time when I couldn't wait until church service was over so I could get a chance to bang on the instruments! One day the pastor of my church told me that I was going to learn an instrument and be very involved in the Gospel ministry. I had no instrumental ex¬perience and had no idea what he was talking about. Church Boy takes me and the audience back to church. Although my previous albums are in the 'jazz or smooth jazz' genre, I have always believed that my music comes from God. Every new talent that I acquire, I make it a point to dedicate it to my Father God and Lord Jesus Christ. This album will confirm my place in the music ministry of God." Church Boy features a collection of contemporary Gospel songs including Toby Mac's "City On Our Knees," Israel & New Breed s "You Are Good" and Kirk Franklin s "Hosanna." Kirk Whalum joins Jackiem on Kirk Franklin's "I Smile" and Jonathan Butler plays the lead acoustic guitar on Tye Tribbett's "Bless The Lord (Son Of Man)." ~ amazon.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...