Tuesday, July 24, 2012

TRACEY WHITNEY - I AM SINGING...SONGS I LOVE

Featured This Week On The Jazz Network Worldwide Former Ray Charles “Raelette” Tracey Whitney With Her New CD, I Am Singing... Songs I Love.

Singer, songwriter, arranger, producer Tracey Whitney shares her stunning sophomore album I Am Singing...Songs I Love paying joyful homage to a diverse mix of musicians who have inspired her own singing and songwriting throughout her career.

I Am Singing... Songs I Love, features the Los Angeles, Albuquerque-based singer Tracey Whitney’s stirring renditions of classic yet lesser-covered songs by artists like Stevie Wonder, Michael Franks, and Antonio Carlos Jobim and is rounded out by three original tracks. A beautifully moving follow-up to 2007’s much-acclaimed Love...A Fable in 9 Acts that served up more of the silky Jazz-Soul fusion that became the trademark for this former child-singing sensation and backup vocalist for the legendary Ray Charles.

"I was introduced to Tracey by a mutual friend, renowned songwriter Tony Haynes who invited Tracey to join The Jazz Network Worldwide to share her special style of musical heart with all of us, I'm so glad she did! Her new CD is full of all the songs we love to sing along with and rock to, its most enjoyable" says Jaijai Jackson, creator of The Jazz Network Worldwide.

Hailing from Los Angeles, Tracey Whitney’s musical history stretches all the way back to age 11, where as part of The Whitney Family (a singing ensemble that included her mother and seven brothers and sisters) she debuted at the famed Coconut Grove. While Whitney’s extraordinary career has played a key role in shaping the smooth sound heard throughout I Am Singing... Songs I Love, her pop instincts, soulful sensibility, and irresistibly natural ease behind the microphone are all essential to the album.

Whether re-imagining Garth Brooks’ Beatles-esque country pastiche "Wrapped Up In You" as a soaring, scat-laced celebration of love or giving a sweet nod to the Jackson 5 by joining her brother (and fellow former Whitney Family singer) Glynn Whitney on an update of Michael Jackson’s jazzy "I Can’t Help It", Tracey pairs her dynamic vocals with refined arrangements to a glorious effect. On her original numbers, Whitney introduces innovative elements that let her own singular style shine through: "Heartbreak 2011", for instance, combines a quietly powerful beat and aching lyrics (“I lost my chance at heaven”) with a heart rending spoken-word intro and outro.

No matter if she’s delivering an original song or a cover, Tracey infuses her songs with a slick sophistication that’s uncommon in today’s musical landscape. “It’s lovely if younger people enjoy my music, but I’m really singing for adults, and telling real stories about real situations,” says Whitney. “What I hope is for people to hear my songs and connect with them on a very emotional level—and ultimately get a sense of calm and joy from that.”

“Tracey!!!! Played 'Where Is The Love' last night.....the response was incredible!!!! Get your Grammy speech ready!!!!” - Ywain Fields, WVON 1690 AM The Talk of Chicago

“What A Voice, What A Lady!” ~ Solar Radio, Soul Discovery with Mick O’Donnell, United Kingdom

Released on the BabyDoll Entertainment label, "I Am Singing... Songs I Love" was co-produced by Captain February Productions’ multi-instrumentalist Herman “Hollywood” Dawkins, and also features sister Cozette Whitney on vocals, and Tim Anderson on saxophone.

For more information go to: The Official Webstie of Tracey Whitney.
Visit THE JAZZ NETWORK WORLDWIDE "A GREAT PLACE TO HANG" at: http://www.thejazznetworkworldwide.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

1 comment:

Tracey Whitney said...

Thank you for sharing my music, Jazz Chill Corner. I appreciate the support!

All the best,
Tracey Whitney

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...