Saturday, September 17, 2011

JESSY J - HOT SAUCE

More than just another pretty face, Jessy J has worked diligently to achieve recognition for her finely honed chops, songwriting skills and a strong sense of originality. Jessy was born in Portland, Oregon, she's played the saxophone for over 20 years. An accomplished singer and dancer, she sang background vocals for Michael Bolton, played with the Henry Mancini Jazz Orchestra and performed in the off-Broadway production of Blast! She's also done studio work with Michael Bublé, Seal, the Temptations, Jessica Simpson, Michael Bolton and Mexico's pop diva Gloria Trevi. Jessy's success is the product of a lot of hard work and a never ending focus on accomplishing her goals. "I still practice every day," she says. "I love to play music because my spirit feels at peace. I dreamed of playing music as a child and now music is my life."

Jessy J's new album, Hot Sauce, is a special blend of ten fiery tunes and is seasoned with authentic Latin zing and packed with real jazz flavor. The accomplished saxophonist/singer/composer's third album spotlights her collaborations with some of today's most prominent contemporary jazz musicians, including guitarists Paul Brown and Ray Parker Jr, keyboardists Joe Sample and Gregg Karukas, and drummer Harvey Mason of Fourplay. Hot Sauce showcases eight originals - from mild to wild - along with adventurous new arrangements of Francis Anthony `Eg' White's pop hit "Leave Right Now" and Duke Ellington's jazz classic "In a Sentimental Mood." Jessy returned to the studio with mentor and Grammy® winning hitmaker Paul Brown, who produced her acclaimed 2009 release, True Love. In addition to handling production duties, Brown co-writes and performs on the album. "I first met Paul in 2006, and we have a strong friendship," says Jessy. "Paul brings the best out in me. Our collaborations are highly productive, and they always sound amazing." Drawing on a wealth of influences, Hot Sauce combines jazz with Latin rhythms and spotlights Jessy's stylish vocals and lush, sultry saxophone playing. "My previous recording, True Love, was an instrumental pop album," she says. "This time I had a chance to work with some legendary musicians, and I believe I was able to show my growth as an artist." Jessy also embraces her Latin heritage on her new album. The mellow ballad "Rio Grande" displays the best of this seductive and alluring style. "My mom is from Texas, and my dad is from Sinaloa, Mexico," she says. "I'm really proud to be a Latina role model. It's such a rich culture, and I have an affinity to music from both sides of the border."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...