Friday, May 04, 2007

NEW HOWARD HEWETT DUE - FIRST IN 10 YEARS


Veteran singer Howard Hewett has recorded his first new album in a decade. The album, titled If Only, will be released May 15th on The Groove Records. The latest single from the former Shalamar singer's project is the ballad "Can U Feel Me," which follows the leadoff track "Enough."

Featured on the album are top-notch musicians including keyboardist George Duke, saxophonist Gerald Albright, singer Marc Nelson, guitarist Nils, bassist Nathan East, drummer Ricky Lawson and percussionist Paulinho Da Costa. The album also features one of the last recordings by the late Billy Preston, who played on Hewett's version of John Lennon's "Imagine."

"The reason I didn't put out a record sooner is because I didn't have much to say. Things are different now," explains Hewett. "I can honestly say that I've stayed true to myself over the years and I take pride in that. I've spent the last bunch of years enjoying my family, being home during my daughter's formative years, and connecting with fans over 125 times each year via performances and personal appearances. People are always asking me when I will put out a new record. The timing feels right now and I'm excited about performing the new music."

Hewett is set to unveil the new material at a special May 11th performance at B.B. King's Blues club in Los Angeles. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...