Friday, February 02, 2007

MICHAEL BUBLE CLARIFIES GRAMMY AWARDS STATEMENTS

Canadian singing sensation Michael Bublé was recently quoted in an interview criticizing the upcoming Grammy Awards telecast. The Vancouver native, who has had the No. 1 traditional Jazz album on the Billboard charts for a record-smashing 78 weeks, released the following statement through his recording label Reprise Records: "I'm extremely honored to have been nominated for a Grammy in the Best Traditional Pop category. I did indeed make my feelings known that the category should be broadcast live during the award ceremony. This category honors the interpreters of some of the greatest songs ever written. There are millions of people like me who love and respect this music. I jokingly said that Tony Bennett is going to win anyway so why should I go? This is not sour grapes. I worship, love and respect Tony Bennett. He is my idol. I voted for him and he deserves to win. I mean no offense to the Grammy Awards, the Grammy nominees or the NARAS organization."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...