Ray Charles has done it again! The late music legend tops music listeners' wish lists this holiday season for the second year in a row, according to a recent VH1 Poll that asked music lovers which artists topped their wish lists this holiday season. Ray Charles' Genius and Friends ranked #1 in a telephone poll commissioned by VH1 that surveyed a random national sample of approximately 1,000 20-49 year-olds who listen to music. Additional findings revealed that timeless artists continue to be popular in 2005 with Santana and Tim McGraw ranking in the top 5, as well as the old-school sounds from the soulful Alicia Keys. Other results include The Rolling Stones landing for the second year in a row at #7 this time with Bigger Bang while Bruce Springsteen's Born To Run 30th Anniversary scores the #9 spot and U2's How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb appears on the poll again arriving in the top 20. This was also the first year that renowned musician Stevie Wonder made the list with A Time To Love.
The Top 10 CDs People Most Want This Holiday Season are:
1. Ray Charles - "Genius and Friends"
2. Alicia Keys - "Unplugged"
3. Santana - "All That I Am"
4. Stevie Wonder - "A Time To Love"
5. Tim McGraw - "Live Like You Were Dying"
6. Mariah Carey - "The Platinum Edition - The Emancipation Of Mimi"
7. Rolling Stones - "Bigger Bang"
8. Black Eyed Peas - "Monkey Business"
9. Bruce Springsteen - "Born To Run 30th Anniversary"
10. Gwen Stefani - "Love.Angel.Music.Baby"