Thursday, May 12, 2005

REGGAE RHYTHMS FOR WILLIE NELSON


Lost Highway Records is due to release the Countryman by Willie Nelson from the vaults on August 8. The album was originally conceived back in 1995 when Island Records founder Chris Blackwell signed Willie Nelson to the label. Over time, some basic tracks were recorded with producer Don Was, but thereafter Blackwell left the label and the album was left in jeopardy as Island Records went through sales and mergers. In 2004, producer Richard Feldman came in to finish the album that finds Willie Nelson covering the Jimmy Cliff hit The Harder They Come as well as Sitting In Limbo, from the soundtrack to the film The Harder They Come, plus a duet with Toots Hibbert of Toots and the Maytals on I’m A Worried Man.

Here is the complete track listing:
Something To Think About
How Long Is Forever
I’m A Worried Man with Toots Hibbert
The Harder They Come
I’ll Still Be Thinking Of You
Sitting In Limbo
Darkness On The Face Of The Earth
One In A Row
I’ve Just Destroyed The World
You Left A Long, Long Time Ago
I Guess I’ve Come To Live Here
Undo The Right

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...